Maker Pro
Maker Pro

help please wiht laptop power issue

hello
thanks in advance for help

i have Dell Latitude D800 it fell from bed and the power pin area was hit on ground and the power pin bend a bit,after it it was not power on,power button pressing make the light on laptop to on but after few seconds it goes off without running windows.

i went to my friend repair shop he opened and fixed pin, aliened the pin, and replace few power related IC it worked then and power on but some times it power on some times power off(no running after few lights on laptop then off)

now we thought why not to concentrate our attention on pin and related area on board.we removed pin and then he checked all pin circuit with multimeter.

all holes of pin on motherboard gave in&out power ok.

only two pin those are on the outer edge of motherboard was not working and giving short signals.

now my repair friend say the only solution is to cut off the outer legs area of board so the SHORT area removed and then put back power pin box on motherboard and this will work(only outer pin holes give short signals on multimeter,inner pin holes are giving ok signals).

what u advise ???

if an area of mother board get SHORT what we should do???
should we cut off the outer edge area of board???
please guide
thanks

(*steve*)

¡sǝpodᴉʇuɐ ǝɥʇ ɹɐǝɥd
It's very hard to tell without photos, and even harder because the board is likely to have multiple layers and you have no idea what signals are routed through that part of the board in these other layers.

Pictures would be good to know what 2 outer pins you are talking about. I've done quite a bit of laptop repair, and when I have a badly broken power jack (possibly cracked board). I generally replace the board, you can find them all over the internet. you should know your board model number / replacement model number, your revision number on the board (if it applies, generally Dell revision numbers start with A, ie: A02-***), and any options that the board may have. Also, be sure to get one with the correct processor slot!

Good Luck!
Matty-

we cut the bord

we cut the board portion that having power pin on it and now it is working fine thanks GOD.
AND THANK YOU MATTY MATT FOR YOU CONSIDERATION OF MY POST
REGARDS

Good deal! it was probably one of the identification pins, you can go into the BIOS and see if it is recognizing the power supply connected (65W, 90W, etc.) if it still is able to do that... then I am not sure exactly which ones, but either way, I am happy that its working for you!

Matty-