Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Hello

Hi, I am an electrician, my interest in electronics began long ago when at the age of 8 my parents left me and a screwdriver unattended with an old stereo system in the garage. (The stereo had an 8 track and turntable on it but no cassette player to give you an idea.) I took it apart figured some of it out and put it back together with only one screw left over. I joined the forums for help identifying some of the components the company I am working for is looking to eliminate from their inventory. Maybe some of you maybe interested in them, none of them are anything new though, the plant is over 100 years at this point.

Hi and welcome.

I think many of our membership may have started out on the same path as yourself - screwdrivers, kids and electronics seem destined to meet! I did it via old tube TV's!

Old components still have a very prominent place in the electronics community - there are sites dedicated to vintage and retro electronics and your surplus may just feed a demand.

Let us know what you have and we can tell you where it would be best placed.

Thanks Kellys_eye, I have a feeling I will be posting many items here some of you may have interests in. I wasn't able to save some of the things that were dumpster bound last week, the Westinghouse plc I really wanted to take home and play with even if it only had input cards in it, but an Allen-Bradly VFD went haywaire and almost shut down the plant. After putting icepacks in front of the air intake to cool it off and letting my bosses know they needed to contact the a/c company to repair the unit, the place was gone. I have a multitude of components I get to play with. Everything from capacitors to zener diodes. I even have a variable resistor that scares the hell out of me that it was actually used at one time, the wooden handle is the only saving grace seeing as it was used for a 2300v drive motor.