Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Greetings Electronics World :)

Hello Everyone,

Just a hello. I have nominal experience in this realm but convinced with the right guidance I may solve my problem.

~m

Hello Alec_t thanks for the welcome :)

I just posted the problem to the "general electronics forum" the following (hope its in the right forum):

I have a Frigidaire 154815601 gallery series dishwasher with a defective control touch panel which can make the unit behave erratically at anytime, even when it is not running a wash cycle. However, after starting a wash cycle and then immediately disconnecting the ribbon cable that is connected to the control panel the washer works flawlessly.

Can you recommend how I might bypass this cable/control touch panel instead of having to dismantle the front of the washer to unplug the cable when I need to run the washer? I was thinking of some kind of switch between the touch panel and the control board at the ribbon cable connection that I could control on the front of the washer. Is this possible? It would be so wonderful if this could be done as I haven't washed dishes in it no more than a couple dozen times. Touch control panels cost $160 which I'm reluctant to purchase as this one is practically brand new.

Let me know if you would like for me to post photos.