Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Gpu and high power requirements.

Status
Not open for further replies.
[edit question changed]

so if a single cpu takes what it takes to light 1 led.

a gpu would take what it takes to light 2000 leds, if it had 2000 cores.

How much power does it take to run 1 led?

So its a bit of a silly question, because I bet a computer (even an analogue one) maybe could run on less power than it takes to light an led by maybe a 1000 times? (if it were 1 operational pathway) But ud have to amp the output to make it visible, or make it able to spin a motor.

So ive got 2,000,000 pathways planned for this "computer" so that would only come to 2000 leds, 50x50 matrix of visible light, I wonder how much power that is.

Yes im feeling silly now... thats not the only problem. if i want to go 100 gigahertz, then I just computed I need 25 amps to go back and forth that quickly.

wth?

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm not sure what you're looking for, but if there are capacitances, even stray ones, to be charged and discarged, then the faster you go, the more energy you'll need.
You seem to be considering massively parallel: Have you looked into quantum computing?

Yes. Quantum computing is actually 99% misunderstood by everyone. If there is a real quantum computer out there, its protected by God if it exists or not because it would possibly blow up the planet, because its too powerful, and its alot devalued and taken for granted how diabolical it is, even to have 200 qbits, would easily perfect chess, all options check marked guaranteed for any amount of moves in front.

The robotics industry would sky-rocket, if they were easy to make.

The computer im making here, is a 36 qbit brute force for something that needs real time output. and its 2 exaflops including the overhead for running the full test frame operations at 10 fps, plus extra costs, but its actually only equivilent to 6 petas after all this extra crud went in it. and it is a huge waste of energy. It would probably cost me $20,000 dollars a month to run, off the electricity bill it would make.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.