Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Gaming headset soundcard repair question

So the past couple of weeks my usb headset with a sound card (hyper X cloud ll) has been dropping in and out depending on how the wire sits, recently it has gotten so bad that I decided if I could locate the issue, with great struggle I finally cracked open the sound card to reveal the circuits inside, I noticed the red wire was bent with a slight tear in it, not being a expert what so ever, would this be the cause of my problem and how would I go about fixing a issue like this, picture provided :)image.jpeg

Yeah i mentioned that in my post, its just the insulator of the wire, i cut it off and stripped back the wire about 6 inches down the line and re-soldered them back on, back still sorta the same situation and ideas ?

Yeah i mentioned that in my post, its just the insulator of the wire, i cut it off and stripped back the wire about 6 inches down the line and re-soldered them back on, back still sorta the same situation and ideas ?
Perhaps there's a fractured wire at the other end of the cable?
If you can get to the wire in the other end of the cable, try to measure resistance between the soundcard side, and headset side of the wire...
I find it odd that all the wires except the D- are insulated, or is that my imagination? You may also have a short between two wires in the cable.