Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Freeview in car tv

Hello,

I just bought a campervan, is coming with a roof mount color monitor. When I go to tv and try found some channel...it doesn't found any.

The screen have usb and sd but I can't see (if have) the aerial plug or lead.

I was thing fit a freeview box but the I don't know where and how.

Could you help me please?

Thanks

Attachments

• IMG_9893.JPG
    IMG_9893.JPG
    204.8 KB · Views: 120
  • IMG_9894.JPG
    IMG_9894.JPG
    172.1 KB · Views: 133
Last edited by a moderator:
If it is only a monitor then you will need a receiver also.
Hi, thanks for reply.

It's a monitor with tv, it try looking for chanel in xxxx mhz (?). But doens't found any.

Could because need a receiver like you say, it is a freeview box?.

But the problem is that I dont know where plug the aerial into the monitor...

Thanks

Freeview is terrestrial digital TV.

Older TV receivers (as may be found in old campervans) possibly work on the old analogue TV system which, in the UK, has been closed down in favour of the new digital service. If the screen scans in 'MHz' as opposed to 'channel numbers' then your TV is likely to be the older, obsolete, set - and if the screen is of the old 4:3 ratio instead of the newer widescreen (16:9) then it definitely is the old, obsolete, version.

You can purchase stand-alone digital TV receivers but your TV needs to have a SCART socket on the back to connect the digital box to the TV.

Your antenna then plugs into the digital TV box. and a SCART lead, usually supplied with the TV box, goes from box-to-TV.

Of course you have to be in a digital TV coverage area to pick the signals up! There are maps available online that show such coverage across the country.

If you intend to travel outside such signal reception areas then invest in a portable satellite TV system instead. It uses a small satellite TV dish and comes with the correct receiver box (which is different from terrestrial TV boxes) and you can get a complete mobile satellite TV system for around $60-$100 (£40-£60).