Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Forum Newbie :- Need some help to obtain a part

HI All,

My first post and a little about me.

Live in Hamphire in the UK and have worked as a compoutrer systems engineer for a number of years, I moved to mgmt a while back, so not really got my hands dirty much with a solderirng iron.

Anyway, to my problem at hand.

Have a TV which was not powering on. When power applied, the relay would tick.

Removed the PSU, and checked, and found that there were 3 Caps that were dooming, so replaced those, bit to no avail.

On closed inspection, I found that a Film Cap had bubbled on both sides and Cap Gel had leaked out, so pulled it off the board, and it had split underneath.

So, now I need to replace it, and this is my problem. I cannot locate this part ANYWHERE :-(

The part has the following markings :-

Carli .47K275V-X2 MPX40/100/21 250V and looks like a yellow 'lego' block.

I can submit rough dimensions if needed.

Looking at the location, the main AC comes in and there are 1 of these, a copper coil, another one of these, and another copper coil and finally this last one of these before hitting a relay.

I have another older flatcsreen TV that has a bust screen, and on checking, there are a couple that are similar however, markings show :-

HJC .22 microF MKP-X2 310-250v-

So not sure if these will work being a lower MicroF.

So, questions are:-

:-:- Can I use the above lower microF one
:- Can anyone point me to a company that sells the atual one i need.

Many thanks for your help

Tim

The actual one you need is a Metallized Polypropylene Film capacitor 0.47uf the MPX40/100/21 (operating temp -40 to 100) Most are rated for that 250 -275 volts, but you find one a little higher it will work...

They should be real easy to locate with that data above just search your websites for "Metallized Polypropylene Film" and a value of 0.47uf , Mouser and Digikey offer several brands that will work, you just need to measure you lead spacing...