Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Fluke 123 Oscilloscope

Recently purchased a Fluke 123 Oscilloscope and self-teaching myself how to use it. Using a 6-volt dc power supply and a 1,000 ohm resistor there should be 6 mA of current flow which I have using my Fluke 87. When using my scope in series it meaures 681 mA, 6.81 kA; I tried using all the current scales. I get the same measurement on channel A or B and com.
Am I using the scope incorrectly?

(*steve*)

¡sǝpodᴉʇuɐ ǝɥʇ ɹɐǝɥd
You would need to show us how you have it connected, how it is set up, and what it's actually reading on the display.

My guess is that the voltage is a little high on your power supply and that you're measuring 6.81mA, but I can't see why it would read 6.81kA. That would be plenty to evaporate your meter. :D

Hello Steve,

Read recently current cannot be measured directly on a scope. I thought because amperage is listed in the scope menu that low currents can be measured if installed in series with the load. Did the same test with a Fluke 87 reading 6 mA.

Fluke 123

Hello Steve,

Read recently current cannot be measured directly on a scope. I thought because amperage is listed in the scope menu that low currents can be measured if installed in series with the load. Did the same test with a Fluke 87 reading 6 mA.