Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Electromagnetic Propulsion: Where To Start

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello Everyone, I have recently been coming to this site and to read great tips for building a device that uses electromagnetic force to launch high velocity projectiles, as I think that it could be used in a wide variety of applications. After reading through many articles and trying my hand at a few different high voltage products, I have come to realize this task is out of my realm of capabilities.

So the question I have for you all is, where should I start. What projects should I build to gain more knowledge about farads, capacitors and basic electronics required for this sort of project. What are good projects that will set me on a path to be able build a device that uses electromagnetic force to launch high velocity projectiles?

Thank you for taking the time to read this question! Also, if this question has already been asked/answered, please give me a link to that thread because I could not find it.

Thank You!

Harald Kapp

@Gizmotix Co. ; Your other thread re rail guns has already been closed. Simply replacing "rail gun" by "high velocity projectile" doesn't make your request more compatible with our forum rules.

Status
Not open for further replies.