Maker Pro
Maker Pro

elastomeric Zebra connectors

The latest post on the internet about repairing a Navman lcd instrument was >6 years old. Obtaining Zebra connectors was a problem then and is so now. There is a supplier that offers an overpriced repair kit, however I have found connectors that could work for a reasonable cost. The question I have is: can two connectors be joined edge to edge to get enough width to trim down to what will work? What I need is: 58mm length x 3mm thick x 7.5mm to 7.7mm height. (100 per inch), what I have found is: only 5mm wide. Would exact conductor alignment be needed given the space between board and lcd contacts?

Trimming them so the edges are parallel my prove difficult but not impossible. Using strips with differing pitch would be preferred as equal pitch strips WOULD require careful alignment.

Was that repair where there was initially a foldover graphite particle ribbon cable that he totally pulled and then "poked" wiggled and eventually fanagled a Zebra strip between the vacuum electro deposited 100 um layer of strip contacts on the display panel and the PCB propers, gold flashed contact fingers ?