Maker Pro
Maker Pro

DVD Spindle Motor

Hi all. Noob to the forum. I am trying to repair a JWIN JDVD143. It needs a new spindle motor. Anyone familiar with the manufacturer or part number scheme?
100_2009.jpg

I suspect it to be a 3v motor but not sure. I have found similar motors online but I dont know the speed of the motor either. I found motors similar to these http://www.jameco.com/Jameco/Products/ProdDS/1950930.pdf from jameco but wasnt sure if it would work as a replacement. Any help would be much appreciated. Wasnt sure if this needed to go in the parts threads or repair so figured Id start here.

Thanks

Anyone? Having a tough time finding any reference to the "S with a circle around it" to atleast get me in the right direction.

No warranties here, but I consider it highly likely that the motor will work as long as it's in the ballpark area, which I believe it is. You've checked the dimensions.
It's the DVD that determines the final speed of the motor, as that's part of a closed-loop control system using the laser pickup & the disc as the speed feedback.
The only snag could be that the motor turns the opposite way of the original, in which case you only need to swap the wires around.

No warranties here, but I consider it highly likely that the motor will work as long as it's in the ballpark area, which I believe it is. You've checked the dimensions.
It's the DVD that determines the final speed of the motor, as that's part of a closed-loop control system using the laser pickup & the disc as the speed feedback.
The only snag could be that the motor turns the opposite way of the original, in which case you only need to swap the wires around.

What do you think about the voltage? These assemblies generally use 3V DC i think. From what I could tell the #s on the motor might indicate 3V somehow, maybe by the "D3"? Im going to order up the motor from jameco and give it a whirl. It was a cheap DVD player, so this will be about all Im willing to dump into it. Thanks for the suggestions!

My statement included the voltage; the DVD will apply voltage as needed to get the disk up to the correct speed, so ballpark = ok. I have no opinion on the model #'s.

Last edited: