Maker Pro
Maker Pro

dvd player repair

my cars power plug has 11.85V and when is goes throught the adapter and comes out to the player it still has 11.85V so its not changing the voltage.

Whether that car power adapter has become defective or it is just the wrong one ... I would think your power situation has to be corrected before going much further.

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_n...electronics&field-keywords=PVS69701&x=12&y=15

After you have 9v DC (at up to 3 amps available) going to the player ... then you can see what fuses blow and how it operates. Feeding it the wrong voltage (at those high amps) probably didn't do it any good.

Last edited:
I hear if you take a heavy gauge (heaviest you can find, like 12-14 gauge) wire and solder one end of the wire to one end of the fuse, and the other end of the wire to the other end of the fuse, the fuse won't blow anymore.

(Sarcasm! Don't do that.)

i used my power supply i made in school and set the volt to 9V and hooked everything back up and the fuse dint blow, but it still will not power on i have five wires coming off the power supply inside the dvd player and i get the 8.7V on the main board that the power supply hooks into.

I'm not sure what would be damaged by applying the wrong voltage to the motherboard, but maybe the fuse stopped most of the damage.

Out of those 5 wires, find out which ones are a common ground, and which ones carry the +9v onto the main board and where they go. Start at those points and work your way in.

The little fuse board doesn't appear to have much on it. The native 9v might be for running the drive and possibly the screen. I would think it gets converted down to 5v or 3v somewhere on the main board to run the logic and processors. Find and trouble-shoot that section.

Be on the look-out for a schematic for this model or similar Audiovox model. You can also lookup DataSheets for the IC chips you can identify. See what they need as far a running voltage and test those pins. If voltage is absent, work your way back.