Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Dunlite 240VAC 1 phase alternator

Trying to track down any info on a particular Dunlite alternator, in particular any schematics of both the exciter and alternator and controls.
Came fitted to an old Lister single cylinder 6hp diesel.
Being an old Aussie built unit, I was kind of surprised at the very little amount I could find.
There are 2 terminal blocks, one each on the alternator and exciter, with the latter having the original nameplate details.
Dunlite LADCW serial No. 58119 .... 40V 35A 1500rpm.
Assume from around the 1960's or thereabouts.
Can only think perhaps the main alternator details have been lost with the terminal cover lid.
So I imagine it is a four pole unit and given the 6hp of the diesel engine, output of the alternator around 3kva.
It is as dead as a maggot in all respects, exciter or alternator(obviously) but didn't particularly want to start flashing fields etc. until I had a better idea of what goes where.
There is a separate control panel with the usual remote manual voltage regulator pot and variety of ac line choke and meters for frequency, voltage and current which is fairly straight forward.
A slight oddity is the main output is from the sliprings as opposed to the stator on modern day gear.
Dropped a registration in at "backshed" which seem to cover things such as this from time to time, however, it is a long wait for the ok there to post.

This is the wiring of an old Dunlite BA2 1.5KV 240V AC generator i used to have. It was very old & there was no information fron Dunlie head quaters here in Adelaide. It was driven by a petrol/kero aircooled Petter engine. I drew out the wiring for future reference. The unit is now in a local musem & was still working when i sold all my old engines to them. This was some time ago.DUNLITE 1.5KV GEN.jpg