Maker Pro
Maker Pro

DSC 1550 Alarm problem

Today I decided to get the house alarm working in a house. I bought a new battery and it will run the DSC 1550 just fine. The problem is that without the battery the DSC 1550 will not turn on. I went to the local Alarm company and picked up a new tranformer for the 1550 but it still will not turn on the lights to the key pad. Also, I looked EVERYWHERE on the motherboard and could not find a fuse. I was told there might be some tiny fuses in the upper left of the mother board but I do not see one. Another tech told me that some DSC 1550 do not have fuses.

I am stumped. Could something be blown out on the mother board that is not letting power pass through from the new transformer to the alarm? Wires are in good shape.

I am not techy enough to meter anything on the board but any advise would be greatly appreciated! Thanks

(*steve*)

¡sǝpodᴉʇuɐ ǝɥʇ ɹɐǝɥd
How about you take a photo of the board (both sides would be best) so we can take a look at it.?

DSC 1550 problems

I'll see if I can get some photos.

For now though.... a tech suggested to me that he believes that the DSC 1550 will not operate on wall power alone. He said that there is a good chance that you MUST have the battery installed or the system will not run.

I wonder if I put the new battery back in, plug up the system back in the wall... would the AC trouble light go out in 24 to 48 hours once the battery is completely recharged?

Would trying this drain my new battery and damage it?
Thank you

I have good news and here is what I have learned.

The system has been on for 36 hours now which means the battery and the transformer are both working. I also learned that the DSC must not work without a battery installed.

Here is the kicker... the reason the AC light is on is because you have to power down the system, install the new battery and turn it on... all in some order so that it turns on with out the trouble light on.

There may be some code to turn it off... but hey... it is working.

Thanks for your help

(*steve*)

¡sǝpodᴉʇuɐ ǝɥʇ ɹɐǝɥd
OK, in retrospect it's quite reasonable that an alarm system should report an error if you attempt to use it without a backup (presumably) battery.

However, failing to work at all without one is (IMO) just poor design. (but it's also something that you can't do anything about)