Maker Pro
Maker Pro

DROPPED FLUKE 323 AC CLAMPMETER REPAIR - DIY but need advice

I accidentally dropped the meter and it no longer works in Voltage modes but works in Amps and Ohms mode. Fluke says not repairable but only replaceable. Being a stubborn fix em upper, I opened the meter and found that the board needs to be compressed against the display and mode selection dial, and that is done by screws attaching the board to the plastic holding the dial and display. Two of the plastic attachment posts where screws go into were broken. When I push the board against the dial and display, the meter works in all modes. So I then used q-bond to reattach the broken posts to the plastic backing and voila everything works except that I forgot to put back the rubber hold button. I disassembled again and in so doing the two wires coming from the amp clamp came off of the board. My dilemma is I don't know which wire goes to which solder point. I can take a chance by connecting the longer wire to the farther solder point but the distance is not really that much. It's a 50/50 chance that I get it right but I do not want to take a chance since I am so close to reviving the puppy. My question to the experts here is - Does it matter which wire goes to which solder point? Is there some kind of polarity? Or if anyone has a Fluke 323, can you open the back and let me know which wire goes to which? Thank you.

(*steve*)

¡sǝpodᴉʇuɐ ǝɥʇ ɹɐǝɥd
This is for AC measurement so it won't matter which way around the wires go.