Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Do not feed the troll: vead

KrisBlueNZ

Sadly passed away in 2015
Recently, hevans1944 and (*steve*) and I have been trying to help user "vead" understand the basics of the 8051 MCU core.

To check his understanding of the basics, I explained how the core executed a particular instruction and asked him to give a similar explanation for a different instruction. His response was an explanation of how the core executes a specific sequence of instructions; he had copied the whole post verbatim from an educational web site.

My response is at https://www.electronicspoint.com/threads/decoder-for-8051.270969/page-4#post-1632089 and I suggest that anyone else who is tempted to help him should reconsider. vead has been struggling to understand the basics of MCU cores for over a year now IIRC, and doesn't seem to have made any progress. He does not follow and respond to instructions; he prefers to constantly go off on tangents.

His behaviour up till now shows no sign that anything I (or anyone else) has tried to teach him has had any effect on him at all. I don't know whether he really honestly wants to learn; if he does, his attitude will ensure that he won't. I am now treating him as a troll. I don't like to do this, but this is an extreme case.

I'll help him if he steps back and asks some basic questions, but I keep seeing him asking high level questions for processes and devices he hardly understands to begin with.
I get trying to learn, but I'm not about to ask anyone on here how I can detect the spin of a quark as I currently know too little to begin with about the thing ;)

Anyway. It's impossible to know what's going on in someone's head, so I posted this cute picture to relieve some of your 'Troll' hate ;)

download.jpg

This has nothing to do with me, am just being nosy lol, personally I think this is a fantastic forum, and the members, KrisBlueNZ in particular has been a big help to me in teaching me how to diagnose test and repair, with very clear instructions, even when I think I know what I am doing I still ask to be sure, I understand the frustration when trying to teach someone who knows nothing about a given subject, I get the same from my customers, I have a Facebook group called Cleveland county scooters, as my name suggests Bikemech!!, I own and run a motorcycle /scooter shop/ workshop and give advice on a daily basis, it's most annoying when you give your best advice and they just don't listen