Maker Pro
Maker Pro

DIODE COLOR BANDS

ANY IDEA OF SPECIFICATION OR MANUFACTURER OF ORANGE COLOR GLASS BODY DIODE WITH 2 COLOR BANDS - GREEN & BLACK. GREEN IS CLOSER TO CATHODE TERMINAL.

Attachments

• DIODE GREEN BLACK-1.JPG
    DIODE GREEN BLACK-1.JPG
    5.1 KB · Views: 3,075
I've had to do this before a few times, and it's a pain.
Look up color code for diodes on Google, you may have to reword the request a few different ways. Different mfgrs mark the things different ways (because of all the odd-ball country manufacturers). I don't remember for sure, but I don't think you can get the number with only two bands, sometimes they use the color of the body as one of the digits, or a painted dot on the body.
Is the device something you can get a schematic for? That might be easier.
If you get hung-up, somebody on this site might try to break the color code down for you, but I've been aggrevated often enought trying to do this in the past, that it annoys me just to THINK about doing it again now.
On Google you'll find four or five DIFFERENT color-band schemes, and they'll only help, if this diode isn't banded for some in-house proprietary numbering system.
I'll check this post later. If nobody else knows off the top of their head, and I have time, I'll try to look for the info later.
Just checking the color code methods on Google might help you identify, at least, HOW to read the numbering system on your diode. Like I said, sometimes it's not JUST the bands, it's some other thing on the diode body.
Good luck

shaun,
I've been all over the internet. I can't find anything that'll get you an ID with two bands.
A couple sites have interesting charts on how to read diode ID's:
Google: diode color code
www.tpub.com - entry gets you directly to the correct page
www.crystalradio.net - entry gets you directly to the correct page
Both of these sites are muliple pages of different topics, you have to select the site from the 'diode color code' query to Google, to go to the page you want (out of those multi-page websites).
Good luck.