Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Denon Avr-1905 Repair Help

Hi Everyone, I'm new to electronics repair. 4th year Electrical apprentice learning electronics ropes.

I have a Denon avr-1905 that a friend gave me that was going into protections mode.(Red circle on the power after 3 seconds of being turned on) I have taken it apart and notice that r115fr on the main power board had blown right out and the resistor next to it r113fr wasn't looking good. I went online and found the repair manual. I searched for r115fr and it says that it is part of the protection circuit. I have found the resistor values for the two I am looking to replace but I cant seem to find what wattage they would be. I looked online and found you could measure the size of the resistor with a caliper to find the size but I thought I would ask here if anyone would know.

I also understand that just replacing these resistors may not be a complete fix...why did it blow in the first place, its in circuit with a bpjt. Could it have been caused by someone plugging in low impedance speakers and messing with the settings of it that caused it?..Im not sure.

It would be nice to try the resistors and fire it up and see what happens and deal with that problem if it doesn't work.

If anyone can point me in the direction of the wattage of the resistor it would be greatly appreciated. There is a parts list on the service manual but I cant find these two resistors on it anywhere, and I cant find anything on the protection circuit...I could be blind though, thanks for your reply.