Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Denon Audio Video Receiver Help.

Hello, I have a Denon AVR-E300 model home theater receiver, just recently the L Front speaker channel has stopped working entirely. I bought it from Best-Buy as a display unit, for a great price. All the other channels still work, I hooked up the L Front speaker to the Center Channel and set it to a large speaker, and placed the audio mode on Multi-channel stereo. It works great still for music, the issue is when I want to watch something in Dolby-Digital, or DTS my left front speaker acts like a Center Channel. Very Annoying!!!

Please if anyone knows how to fix this, or the part that I need it would be much appreciated! I tried looking online and I cant find a thing. Thanks!

Specs of Home Theater:

Denon AVR-E300
LF,RF speakers: Klipsch KF-28
Center speaker: Bose VCS-10
Subwoofer: Polk Audio 10" 200W
Surround speakers: Bose 203 loudspeakers

davenn

hi there
welcome to EP

it may be the amplifier module for that channel .. hard to tell this early on

can you/ have you tried to get a service manual online ? even just a schematic would be a great start

have you opened it up yet ?

Dave

No I have not, so far I have kept it as is. That's funny you said that it could be the module, that is what the local repair shop told me on the phone. But the price they gave me was $180.00 which is about 80% of the price I payed for it. I will look into trying to find a schematic though. have you ever changed a module? How difficult would something like that be if that's what it is? Thanks for the quick response!

davenn

moderate difficulty ... dependent on how easy it is to get at

ok ... open it op and take some sharp and well lit ( natural light - NOT flash) pix
of the circuit board ... both sides

believe it or not, after I put it back together it miraculously started working again.....weird! I'm Jamming Pink Floyd through all channels right now!