Maker Pro
Maker Pro

DC pulse synchronization

Hi all,
I don't know if this is the correct forum for posting this, if it isn't then it can be moved to the appropriate section.
let's say I have two separate series circuits of inductors and I am applying alternating DC pulses to
each one. If I wanted to get the back EMF from each pulse to be exactly in phase with the subsequent pulse to the other circuit, how would I go about doing this? Is there a way to set up a function generator with 2 outputs to do this or do I
need to build a separate synchronization/phase modulation circuit to achieve this? Any help is much appreciated. Cheers

One generally refers to back-EMF in inductive circuits (as opposed to rotating machines) when a driver goes from a low impedance to a high impedance state. If the driver is always in a low impedance state, e.g. function generators, then the back EMF is quenched. So it seems this is a problem of switched current inductive loads where the open switch is high impedance. Back EMF is generated when the switch opens. For each switched pulse to be in phase with the back EMF of the other, the pulses need to be 180° out of phase. That can be accomplished with an inverting logic circuit.

@Laplace Would it be possible to use a PWM circuit like the one attached to do this? Then the output of each of the 2 circuits would be connected to pin 5 for voltage control. Otherwise I could use a NOT gate (also attached) like you suggested, if I understood correctly. If I needed low voltage DC pulses, let's say 10-20v and no high amperage or anything, what would to your idea be the most efficient setup?My electronics knowledge is quite basic so dont hold back on the details,thanks for answering
2005-10a-004.gif
04073.png