Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Convergence question for Samsung HCM4215W

Hi all,

I bought a Samsung HCM4215W used from my girlfriends parents a while ago for real cheap. It's been working great, but a few days ago it got bumped and now the picture is all sorts of messed up. The blue seems a few inches off, and the picture in general looks like looking at a 3-D movie. I tried re-aligning the picture automatically and manually, and finally gave up. I did some searching and think that its a convergence problem .

I don't want to spend $300-500 having a repairman fix it. From what I understand, I could buy new ICs online for cheap and try to fix it that way. I don't think that's such a good idea; I'm not very handy with soldering.

I've also read that I could buy a AA95-02002A and install that much easier. Most places I look sell these for around $70. Do these modules also have the ICs in them, or do I need to buy those separately? Also, is it okay to go for the 'substitute' models?

I'm not even sure if replacing the ICs or convergence module is going to fix my problem. What would you guys recommend? :confused: