Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Controlling hot plate heat

I need an over the counter plug and play rheostat box that will control the voltage output from zero to 110v line voltage. Way back in the 70's when I was into electronic controls, I found a rather simple circuit somewhere that along with a pot and the other circuit items controlled a Triac and Diac for trigger to make use of both sides of the sine wave (I apologize if my memory is wrong), but my home project so to speak is aging and I discovered a myriad of controllers available, and I thought I would try for some info. Thanks Pap82

Hello,

Do you want to control the temperature of the hot plate?
Do you want to buy or make a controller?
If you want to buy, have a look at this site:
https://www.omega.ca/en/resources/pid-controllers

Bertus
I control the heat of the oil in a cast iron skillet 180 deg f. My unit still works great so far but I thought I was noticing little points of no contact, and it is sealed so cant spray. To confirm my suspicions I used a line splitter and Amprobed it and yes, however by twisting the knob many times it is now ok - however? I just need a cheap? spare.
Question, My box will control a brushless drill motor, but the circuit has no current control to adjust with the load, I dont suppose the myriad of those controllers would work? Thanks, and I never have found eerob to thank him.