Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Charging Few Battery pack in once. Help!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I got myself 3 battery pack, from laptop (1 pack = 6 batteries). Each "pack" is suppose to output 12V and around 5-6A.
Each pack contains 6 batteries in serie. I pluged all packs (3) in parallel.
So 3 packs plug in parallel of 6 batteries plug in serie. I know the voltage stay the same, but the amp increase.

I want to know, in fact, if all pack are in parallel and each one output 5A, together they should output 15A, Right?
Second thing is... they are able to 15A (or not?), but can I charge them to ouput only 10A?

Please, if there is any problem, please tell me how you would fix it. And thanks to answer my many question. :)

Have a good day.

Six CELLS in series to give 12V means each cell is 2V. What type of battery is this? Lead - acid?

Putting batteries in parallel will give the capability of more current but the current will depend on what the load demands. You cannot charge them to limit the output current. A fuse close to the battery should be installed to limit excess current.

Laptop batteries are normally Lithium with around 18V output from my experience.
Any work with batteries requires care due to the explosive nature of any short or fault you may induce and Lithium would be way up at the top with respect to that.

davenn

and with that safety alert from duke37

we will close the thread since you already have one on this subject

Status
Not open for further replies.