Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Cfl lamp from 3.7volts project.

You should post a clear ( still!) copy of that schematic. Someone will explain why it doesn't work, and perhaps suggest measures you might take.

It might help if we knew how much current can your intended battery provide, as well as how much power the lamp requires to start.

Ted

(*steve*)

¡sǝpodᴉʇuɐ ǝɥʇ ɹɐǝɥd
I had just assumed it was a working project. There was no mention of problems in the initial post.

Steve,

I kinda fast-forwarded through the video. After a few shots of the hardware, there's a pretty clear view of a schematic. I didn't listen to the audio, perhaps that sheds some "light".

I still hope the thread's owner will put his schematic up where we can easily see it. A screen capture might actually do well enough.

I don't think videos are the best things to put on these forums, except to clarify a point, or clear up some confusion. I don't know why I happened to actually look at this one. Perhaps was interested because I've done an inverter ballast or two in the distant past. ( Learned that polyester caps won't do for 20kHz power AC.)

Ted

PS I looked again, and saw that the schematic sketch seen in the video did have all the elements of a Royer oscillator, but they are not connected in a way that would work at all. Perhaps the schematic does not match the actual apparatus in the box.

Last edited: