Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Carp fishing electronics

Hi all , I am looking for some help , i am a carp fisherman in the UK and i use electronic devices while i fish through the night , if and when i get a indication of a fish has taken the bait a alarm on the rod send a signal to a receiver in my tent , the receiver gives a sound and a led is lit up , what i would like help with as the receiver indicates is it posable via a jack plug to send a signal to a led light in my tent to light up the inside as i wake to deal with fish , if any body is interested in helping me i will post more specs about the equipment i use .
Many thanks guys for looking ,
Peter .

KrisBlueNZ

Sadly passed away in 2015
Hi Peter and welcome to the Electronics Point forums :)

I'm interested in helping. Please post all the information you have on the receiver, the LED lighting unit, and the power source, and anything else relevant.

Sounds interesting. Is this the same thing as a bait alarm? I used to use something like this when I used to fish.
Adam

Or tying the end of the line to the big toe.
Seriously though, KrisBlueNZ and Arouse1973 have a good point. PDR has a working circuit,and wants to improve it by having it trigger a light in his tent.
It sounds like a relatively simple concept, with a little more input from PDR, I know he'll get a good solution here.

If i have it correctly, i think you are wanting your tent lights to turn on when the rod is moved by the fish?

If so, you could use those tiny led light fish bite clips, along with a tent led light that has a remote. this might not be the best way, but heres how i would do it.

1) wire a photosenstive switch or module to the On button of the remote.
2) attach the photosensitive module on the fish bite clip so that the fish bite clip's light can shine on the photosensitive diode. Cover it up so the sun or other light sources cant get in.
3) now move the rod, the movement shoud trigger the fish bite clip to light up, which should in turn press the On button of the tent light's remote. You might need a relay that turns on and then off again, if the tent light remote requires a momentary type action, not a press and hold.

Just a quick and dirty suggestion :)