Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Cancel one Light out of another is on?

I trying to come up with a way to cancel out one light if another is on.

The reason for this is I’ve created a shooting target where there are two identical target systems with various sized paddles you shoot and knock backwards out of sight. Starting with the largest paddle working your way down to the smallest paddle. Whoever gets all their paddles down first wins! I got thinking what if both shooters take their last shot at roughly the same time how would you know whose paddle was knocked over first.

This is where the light comes in. I’m thinking there must be a way to connect these together and somehow cancel one light out when the other is on. I found a push button led auto accent light at Walmart and removed the wires from the push button. I attached one wire to the metal rod that the metal paddles swing on and the other wire to the metal reset rod that the paddles fall back on. Covered the reset rod with gorilla tape except where the last paddle makes contact. When the last paddle makes contact with the reset rod the light comes on which works great!

Here is a diagram of my two target systems with the light attached.upload_2016-11-22_10-47-11.png

Here's one option:
TwinTargetLEDs.JPG

The first of switches A and B to close will light a respective LED and prevent the other LED lighting. A momentary push-button switch resets the system.