Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Can You Identify This?

Hi all, can anyone tell me what this is? I've looked for something similar, and plugged the numbers in a search, without luck. There are two of them right next to a multi voltage output voltage regulating component on an auto radio PCB. The numbering and markings you can see are the only markings on the component. When tested with a multi-meter in the circuit, they seem to test somewhat similar to a diode, but I understand that that is not the best way to test them. Anyone have an idea as to what they are anyway? Thanks in advance for your reply.

Attachments

• Unknown Component.png
    Unknown Component.png
    323.9 KB · Views: 18
They look like tantalum capacitors.
Normally the markings are readable as top number is capacitance in micro farads and lower number is the maximum voltage.
I don’t know what the circled number is, somebody will inform us both.

Martin

They look like tantalum capacitors.
Normally the markings are readable as top number is capacitance in micro farads and lower number is the maximum voltage.
I don’t know what the circled number is, somebody will inform us both.

Martin
Thanks, Martin. Now that you have identified them, I am finding them very easily now.

bertus

Hello,

I have several times seen that those tantalium capacitors where burnt and created a short on the board.

Bertus

Randomly removing and testing parts is a long-winded way to a fault. What symptoms do you see and do you have any technical (schematics) information on the device?

Randomly removing and testing parts is a long-winded way to a fault. What symptoms do you see and do you have any technical (schematics) information on the device?
:) Yep. It sure is. But when that is the only way you have to do things, because I DON'T have a schematic, that is what I have to do. I am limited to the test equipment I have available to me, which is the stuff I would need to test most components at the component level only. Multi-meter, transistor tester, ESR Meter, etc. I have a basic oscilloscope, but am not versed in its use.

This is part of the Delco CDM I posted about a week ago. The symptoms are in that thread. You replied to it as well. I am still troubleshooting it without a schematic. I have a long wind. :D