Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Can I link my POS to my security DVR?

I have a small business. I have been planning to put in a CCTV security camera system that records on a DVR. I also plan to put in a new Point of Sale system with touch screen registers. My question is can I split off the feed to my register screens and somehow send it to the security DVR on one of the channels so that I not only have a recording of the transaction on the camera feed, but a recording of the actual transaction on the register screen as it happened on one of the other DVR channels thus linking the two events through the DVR on the DVR.

So my question is can I make the feed for the register screen one of the channels I am recording on the DVR? Anyone know how to do this? I am a complete novice.

davenn

firstly you need to determine what sort of signal feed it is from the POS computer to
the screen at the counter. its probably VGA (or variant) where as the inputs to the
DVR will mostly likely be Composite Video and inputted via BNC connectors

There are VGA to composite video adaptors available from computer suppliers. you will
need one that has VGA in and a VGA and a Composite output (ie. one input and two
outputs) Once you generate the composite signal its just a matter of connecting that
to a spare channel on the DVR

hope that helps pointing you in the right direction :)
cheers
Dave
VK2TDN