Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Cambridge SoundWorks Radio CD740

Having a problem with CD ejection. There are two cd's inserted into player. Player will not eject cd's. Looking for direction on how to remove the cd's. Unit has not been opened since I bought it new. Cd player has always worked (and still does) with an occasional cd ejection problem. Thanks in advance for any help with this problem.

Sir zipstah. . . . . . .
30600791-2-440-overview-1.gif

Pull the dust cover(s) and the discs are . . . . . EVENTUALLY . . . . . viewable and accessible .

If not readily accessible , ( scared to do a full teardown ) try a tongue depressor linearly overwound with SCOTCH clear packing tape . . .sticky side out . . . and taped TAUT at the end where you will be handling the stick.

THEN light up inside of slot . . . .view disc position . . . . insert depressor . . . . .press . . .stick . . . . .and s...l...o....w...l...y work disk out.

Clean "stickum" from recovered disc . . . .using radial cleaning strokes.

73's de Edd

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you for your response 73's de Edd. I will attempt this. Once the dust covers are pulled I am assuming that they will need to be replaced? I am capable of pulling the unit apart with direction(s) . Just don't want to try with out a service manual or clear instructions on the procedure.

Try procedure 1wo then . . . .but it is dependent upon a vewy-vewy bwite light! . . . . for inspection illumination..
I used a mini flexible gooseneck that used a 222 prefocused penlight lamp . . . .but now -a - days a WHITE LED version should be available.

73's de Edd

Try procedure 1wo then . . . .but it is dependent upon a vewy-vewy bwite light! . . . . for inspection illumination..
I used a mini flexible gooseneck that used a 222 prefocused penlight lamp . . . .but now -a - days a WHITE LED version should be available.

73's de Edd

Sir zipstah. . . . . . .
30600791-2-440-overview-1.gif

Pull the dust cover(s) and the discs are . . . . . EVENTUALLY . . . . . viewable and accessible .

If not readily accessible , ( scared to do a full teardown ) try a tongue depressor linearly overwound with SCOTCH clear packing tape . . .sticky side out . . . and taped TAUT at the end where you will be handling the stick.

THEN light up inside of slot . . . .view disc position . . . . insert depressor . . . . .press . . .stick . . . . .and s...l...o....w...l...y work disk out.

Clean "stickum" from recovered disc . . . .using radial cleaning strokes.

73's de Edd
hi
What is dust cover?
I have front partially removed but cannot totally remove
Need to take out disc
Tried the tape without luck
H
Can I take the front off?
Thanks