Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Broke PS3 wire

Hello. I am not experienced in electronics and was wondering if someone here could help me. I recently opened my PS3 to clean the lens and accidently broke a tiny wire. It went from the disc drive to the circuit board.

Does anyone know where I would be able to get a replacement wire? It's actually two wires, one red and one black, with tiny connectors on each end. One of the connectors got separated from the two wires. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Here is a picture of the wire and the part it came from:

http://img146.imageshack.us/img146/1300/ps3part1wm4.png

Hi, I just did the same with my ps3, and I was wondering if you were able to solve your problem, and how you might have done that. please let me know if you can help in any way. Thanks a bunch.

Ian

Administrator
Are you able to take a better photo of the problem, as I would have thought you could just re-solder it on?

Hi, I just did the same with my ps3, and I was wondering if you were able to solve your problem, and how you might have done that. please let me know if you can help in any way. Thanks a bunch.

Lmao i did the same thing seems i need a micro scope or need a find a replacement wire. any ideas where i can get?