Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Best material to create a soldering tip?

I need to create a soldering tip for my Hakko soldering station for a special project.
I am thinking of aluminium, bronze or brass.

The temperature would be around 150C (302F) so not so high.

I thinking aluminium since it has the best heat conductivity but are there any drawbacks with aluminium as a soldering tip?

The tool should warm up another metal (different metal objects) part to be able to remove it.

Aluminium won't work.
Old style was copper.
These days the tips are some form of modified coating steel but copper will get you there.
Why not just buy the correct tips?

Key words are "for a special project"
Sometimes there are no tools to be purchased that will serve the purpose, or when they are available they cost far more then one is willing to pay for a single use. There are times when making a tool makes more sense, or gets you what you need faster (no need to wait for shipping) In this case it sounds like shaping a small piece of copper stock that can be purchased at nearly any local hardware store fulfills all the above situations.

I do agree on the material. Copper would be best. AL transfer heat fast, and evenly within it's self, copper will exchange the heat between it's self and the piece you are soldering better. Plus it will be easier to apply to the initial tinning a lot easier with out it just burning off. When do get it to shape you need do not worry about polishing the surface much, if at all. A matte surface exchanges heat better then a shinny one.