Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Bass Guitar Amplifier Build - help and guide.

Greetings.
Since I recently started playing bass guitar I decidet to build my own amp insted of buying one.
After searching the web for an appropriate schematic I found a page created by Dr. Bora Jagodić.
(http://bas.elitesecurity.org/indexV.html)
In it I found a schematic for a bass guitar amp and it seems perfect for my needs.
For the power amp I decided to go with a TDA7294 as he sugested to use.
I'll also build a 15V preamp PSU and a 22V power amp PSU.
The schematic includes a ALC(automatic level controll) circuit that prevents clipping. It is optional but i would like to include it.
But for more diversity can I include a switch that will connect and disconect the ALC circuit.
I was thinking of inserting it before the drain of a 2SK30 fet and after the output of the power amp.
Am I going to be able to achive what I intended or is there something different that I need to do to achive that?
I will also insert a PDF with schematic and a screenshot of Target 3001 file where I desinged the whole Amp.
Thanks.
Sven.

Attachments

• BassProMaster-sema.pdf
    36.1 KB · Views: 20
  • ALC Switch screenshot.PNG
    ALC Switch screenshot.PNG
    14.9 KB · Views: 13
can I include a switch that will connect and disconect the ALC circuit.
There are several ways to do that, using a simple SPST switch in the pre-amp. For example, the switch could disconnect the ALC's FET drain, or could disconnect the ALC input from the speaker (though you might need to take precautions to avoid switch-click 'thumps' if you connect/disconnect the ALC while playing the guitar).

There are several ways to do that, using a simple SPST switch in the pre-amp. For example, the switch could disconnect the ALC's FET drain, or could disconnect the ALC input from the speaker (though you might need to take precautions to avoid switch-click 'thumps' if you connect/disconnect the ALC while playing the guitar).
Thanks. This makes it even simpler.

You have the Jfet before the 15k resistor but it should be after the resistor.

Attachments

• ALC Jfet.png
    ALC Jfet.png
    15.1 KB · Views: 10