Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Automated Teller machine (ATM) controller board troubleshooting.

Good afternoon everyone, please I have challenge in troubleshooting a controller board, I don't know what exactly went wrong with the board. Any help will really be appreciated. These are the list of IC's on the board;

TL16C552AFN (memory)
lb258ex (driver)
EE80C188XL20 (memory)
74HC273D
74HC244D
7AC3ETK
738M2005
79AH5LK
L6258EX
74AHC373D
MM74HCT
038JEEM
74HCT139D
74HCT08D
HCT02
L746UJ38
9AA9HCW
SM74188
GAA937
SN75189A
AT89S8253
VC011493N04
VE950499N03
BTM7810K
K2504

IMG_20170613_143153.jpg
These are the function blocks of controller board:

- Control block

- I/O block with motor control

- Photosensor electronics

- Thickness sensor electronics

- Component control

- Serial interface.

Thanks in anticipation.

davenn

Good afternoon everyone, please I have challenge in troubleshooting a controller board, I don't know what exactly went wrong with the board. Any help will really be appreciated.

hi there

do you have any info on the board ? circuit diagrams etc ?

if not, I strongly doubt anyone will be able to help you other than the manufacturer of the board

Dave

Sir Seun . . . . .

WOWeeeee . . . . .
do you have your hands full on that one.

YOU KNOW what the product IS and DOES so don’t expect any techno info being readily available.

(Also do not hide a FREE PAY button on a wiring exit.)

I see that your only hope might be for the unit having a power supply problem or a depleted keep alive memory battery.

This looks to be mid 90’s on up to 2000 vintage design and manufacture. There are some code dated parts to confirm that dates proximity.

Just visualizing the board I can see the very closest items are being status and activity indicators, then 21 memory related functions spread out across the board.

An industrial sized Sonalert, 4 different sub power supply sections, with main power coming in at the side white Molex connector about ¼ down from the top right side of the board, with memory cell across the board to the other side.
(How does the overall condition of the solder to the ground plane look on that regulator right beside the power input Molex ? . . . . any heat discoloration ? )

AND then I see 4 separate u/p functions on the board.

Then a top central RJ connector for its connecting to the ethereal world.

Any chance would be relying on having another working board and cross referencing to it for proper voltage readings, scoping waveforms, and additionally being dependent upon all connectors being connected into a system , while working between the two boards, one board being hooked up at a time.

73’s de Edd

Last edited by a moderator:

(*steve*)

¡sǝpodᴉʇuɐ ǝɥʇ ɹɐǝɥd
The board probably has security measures.

There may even be software that was held on these boards in volatile RAM that was cleared when the board was pulled.

Watch this: