Maker Pro
Maker Pro

analog and digital 30V Voltmeter for Power Supplies

This is a question to those who have tried both 30v analog voltmeter and Digital.

I have this 30V Digital Voltmeter that I want to pair to my LM317 variable voltage regulator...
Anything around 3V and above looks ok - there's that red display lighting up, but when the voltages are lesser than 3V, the display starts to turn off... (there's only two wires on this voltmeter, positive and negative.).. I needed it to display if its running 1v or 2v or 2.5v...

What I'm curious about is that...
Does this problem exist in 30V analog voltmeters?
And, do other 30v digital voltmeters have the same limitation?

Without an additional supply of 3 Volts or More, and a Modification to the Meter, That Meter can't do what you want!
It Requires a Minimum of 3 Volt to Power it!

That Meter can't do what you want!
It Requires a Minimum of 3 Volt to Power it!
thats what i observe... i'm not advanced enough to be able to modify it either so i'm looking towards other options if an analog ones could work and I didn't wanna buy one unless its possible.

A Digital Panel Meter that uses a 9 Volt Battery will do what you want, But one would cost you about $20.00 USD plus Shipping Cost.
Optionally you could use a Analogue Meter, if you can find one at a reasonable price.
I have lots of Analogue meters, but the shipping cost to you would be expensive.

Yes, you are right Chemelec. This one costs $20.00 and you get 19 of them and the shipping costs are ZERO.
Where have you been living ?? Under a rock ???

s-l225.jpg

Green Mini DC 0-100V LED 3-Digital Display 3 Wire Voltage Voltmeter Panel Meter
  • $1.09
  • Free international shipping

Thanks a lot for all your replies :)
I'll try the analog one and if not, i'll try to find those digital ones with three wires if they're available on a few local stores around