Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Altium PCB image background

Hi all. I need to copy exact PCB, and there is complicated trace-antenna. Is there possibility to add image in background of routing PCB ? Like in photoshop "transparent layer" . Thanks !

I have PCB that i want to copy in my hand. It is very difficult to measure everything by hand using electronic calliper.. It is important to make exact tracing..

I have PCB that i want to copy in my hand. It is very difficult to measure everything by hand using electronic calliper.. It is important to make exact tracing..

Have a look at converting a picture into DXF. That might be easier. You might be able to find a free version. A photo copier with file export features could also be used to save as a picture of PDF which could be converted.
Adam

Converting simple pcb picture into DXF is a challenge. There are lot of colors, contours, maybe different lighting...I saw somewhere video where simple jpg was used as background in Altium instead on black color.

Converting simple pcb picture into DXF is a challenge. There are lot of colors, contours, maybe different lighting...I saw somewhere video where simple jpg was used as background in Altium instead on black color.

I don't know sorry, I guess you need to look in the help.
Adam

I made PCB before 2 weeks, and there is problems with PCB-antenna.... It designed work at 433Mhz, and i made not exact trace. How precise should be trace copy to get working thing ?

I made PCB before 2 weeks, and there is problems with PCB-antenna.... It designed work at 433Mhz, and i made not exact trace. How precise should be trace copy to get working thing ?

What was the problem of the with the older design? not enough range. Do you have a picture of the old design I can see? What RF module are you using?
Adam