Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Advice and help needed

Well I guess I should first start off by saying hello to everyone. I am brand new to the message board here as well as being fairly new to electronics and my knowledge is still very limited but I have a strong desire to learn more. So I have came here to learn from everyone that is willing to help.

So this is what I am looking for advice and help on. I play around with rc cars alot and recently I have found out that I need more voltage to run the servos on one of my cars. I was wanted to build a simple battery elimination circuit and power it that way. But I am also running lights and other things also and I dont think the bec would work the way I am looking for and still provide the power and amps I would need to run everything efficiently. So my Idea is coming up with something that will run my servos and anything else I want to plug into it.

What I have to work with is the power output from the electronic speed control which normally plugs into the receiver and powers the servo from there. The output however puts out only around 3.5 to 5 volts depending on the speed controller I use. I want to be able to build a circuit that I can plug in between the speed controller and the receiver and be able to boost and adjust the voltage and the amps up. I also want to be able to have 2 or 3 different adjustable channels built into the circuit without a drop in voltage for each channel. So say my servo needs a full 6v and 5 amps to properly run I can adjust that channel to deliver that and another channel may be need to run my led lights and I need that at say 8v i could bring that up as well. I would only have to bring the voltage up to a max of around 8v and a 10amp cap. My problem is I dont know enough yet about circuit design and what does what enough to figure this out right. I am hoping I can get some help from everyone on here to help me with information to help me build this.