Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Adjusting voltage

I have 5v powering a voltage controlled oscillator. I need to amplify the signal coming out of the oscillator (ultimately I want to be able to vary its output voltage manually). Can someone help me with my issue?

(*steve*)

¡sǝpodᴉʇuɐ ǝɥʇ ɹɐǝɥd
In order to answer that question, we need to know the following:
  1. The current output voltage,
  2. The desired output voltage range,
  3. The nature of the load you wish to drive (specifically it's impedance),
  4. The frequency range,
  5. Any other specific criteria (like distortion)

Im rather a newb at this, sorry, and thanks for your time. Ill try to answer your questions to the best of my ability. The oscillator is outputting 2.4Volts, I would like to have it output ~4volts, Im driving a motor and im not worried about distortion. Not sure how to answer your question on impedence, not sure how to answer your question on freq range. (IM a serious newb, trying to learn a new hobby) this is the circuit(its connected to an elego breadboard,outputting 5vVCO.png

maybe also you'd have advice on where I can learn more? I have"practical electronics for inventors" but im a bit overwhelmed

It looks like the 555 uses Pulse Width Modulation to vary the speed of a DC motor by adjusting the pot.
The output voltage of an555 has a voltage loss depending on its load current. Then the 555 should drive a switching transistor or logic level Mosfet to switch the load to +5V and 0V.