Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Adding memory to a TomTom One 130 GPS device

lato20cassa.jpg
Hello. I'm new to the forums, but I need some help in the area of modifications...I hope I am in the right section, as this would be a project for sure!

I've got a 2008 TomTom ONE 130, model # N14644, and the internal memory is just 1 gig in size, and currently, I have got just 125 megs until it's full. Now I want to replace and install the current maps for 2015, however, the USA map is over a gig, now, which means it won't fit on my internal card. So what I'd like to do is install an SD card (NOT micro sd) socket to the board for a 2gb SD card, because this model only accepts no greater than 2gb of memory.

I know lots of people have done this before to other TomTom models, so I'm sure this is not a difficult project. I've wired up mod chips for the kids' PlayStation many years ago, when that was a big fad, lol.

What I need, please, is the wiring pin-outs to the board solder points in picture form, or use the above pic of this board (which is exactly like mine), to please show me which pins
maxresdefault.jpg
. I have looked on line, and the only one that shows something like this is one for a TomTom XL, which is just like mine. However, in comparison to the XL, many of the solder points on my board do not show any solder on them, plus the above pic is not completely accurate; it doesn't show the connections at the bottom of the pic....so I can't use it.

I would hope that someone out there can help me research this....I have been spending about a week searching for hours trying to get even close, and the closest I've got was to actually getting a pic of my TomTom ONE 130 (30-series) circuit board, and some videos showing their circuit boards and their wiring for an SD card that come close, but no cigar.

Any help would be greatly appreciated in advance.

davenn

Hi there, welcome to EP

I know lots of people have done this before to other TomTom models, so I'm sure this is not a difficult project.

then my obvious best bet would be to seek out those that you know and find out how they did it
All of us here would be starting from scratch and spending hours trying to sort out what those other people have already done

cheers
Dave

Thanks for the reply, Dave. The reason why I'm asking, is because I think I saw a thread in here somewhere that talked about doing this, but I can't seem to find it. I also wanted to add, that the author of this video says he is not the modder and he won't answer any questions...I wrote him asking him who the modder was and his email address, and he has not responded in several months. I'm sure I'll find the answers for this mod elsewhere, but in case anyone does have the wiring diagram for this, please post it or inbox me.