Maker Pro
Maker Pro

A question about electrical Theory

What is a "real life scenario"?
Now-days we have virtual reality etc.;)

Electric power is indeed P=v*i.( voltage*current)
Changing power will happen if either v or i or both are changed.

We can also say P=v*v/r=i*i*r.

What is r(resistance)?
r=v/i
That may be split further into static-resistance, i.e. fixed,not changing .
and dynamic-resistance ,i.e changing in time and dependent on circuit conditions like voltage/current/temperature etc.

There is the strange case of negative resistance as well i.e. an element that produces power.

To not confuse you too much we should stick with the static resistance ideal part.
It would be an ideal resistor i.e it's resistance is not depended on anything .

Let's connect it to an ideal voltage source,it has the property of keeping a fixed voltage level(which we can set up to be anything we like i.e like a bench power supply).
In this case,
if we change the voltage,we can say that it is the factor that changes the "working condition" and the power of the circuit.
The current will change as well by v/r.
Example if r=1 ohm changing the voltage from 1v to 2v will change the current from 1A to 2A and the power from 1W to 4W.

BTW'
The electric power grid and a car battery are very close to being called ideal voltage sources.

Now let's connect an ideal current source,it has the property of keeping a fixed current level(which we can set up to be anything we like).
This source isn't very common in everyday life,but exist in labs etc.
In this case,
if we change the current,we can say that it is the factor that changes the "working condition" and the power of the circuit.
The voltage will change as well by i*r.
Example if r=1 ohm changing the current from 1A to 2A will change the voltage from 1V to 2V and the power from 1W to 4W.

Hope this helps.

davenn

What is a "real life scenario"?
Now-days we have virtual reality etc.;)

Electric power is indeed P=v*i.( voltage*current)
Changing power will happen if either v or i or both are changed.

We can also say P=v*v/r=i*i*r.

What is r(resistance)?
r=v/i
That may be split further into static-resistance, i.e. fixed,not changing .
and dynamic-resistance ,i.e changing in time and dependent on circuit conditions like voltage/current/temperature etc.

There is the strange case of negative resistance as well i.e. an element that produces power.

To not confuse you too much we should stick with the static resistance ideal part.
It would be an ideal resistor i.e it's resistance is not depended on anything .

mate, you are seriously overcomplicating this thread and hell, I'm struggling to follow it all
let alone our OP who is just learning

mate, you are seriously overcomplicating this thread and hell, I'm struggling to follow it all
let alone our OP who is just learning
Yeah i was really only asking if one manipulated power in the formula P=v×i. Would voltage or amperage be more likely to be affected. The reason i said " real life" is in real life you need to manipulate current or voltage to affect power. On paper you can adjust what you want. Im starting to think my question doesnt make sense because it could not really happen in a circuit. I guess im thinking too far in the "theoretical" realm

Im just curious here. This isnt anything im working on. I was sitting back thinking and it occured to me...
I know Power=Voltage X Amperage and when either voltage or current is increased, so is the power. Now this may not be a real life scenario but if the power in a circuit is increase (not due to any particular reason) what would be affected first? Current or Voltage? Why?
I look forward to reading what you guys come up with

Power is determined by voltage, current, and phase between the two. If you know those three parameters, the power can be determined regardless of the load. Your question does not make sense. If the power changes in a circuit, there will always be a reason. If one or more of the three named parameters are changed, the power will respond accordingly. Please clarify your question.

Ratch

Power is determined by voltage, current, and phase between the two. If you know those three parameters, the power can be determined regardless of the load. Your question does not make sense. If the power changes in a circuit, there will always be a reason. If one or more of the three named parameters are changed, the power will respond accordingly. Please clarify your question.

Ratch
After doing more research I realise where my thinking was flawed. I was thinking of power as a lone variable, when in fact its only a sum of two variables. I only got the idea when i saw a vape. It is adjusted in watts. But it doesnt adjust watts directly, it uses a mosfet or a pot to manipulate both the voltage used from the battery and the current pulled when triggered. Theres a lot a learning i still need to do. Thanks all