Maker Pro
Maker Pro

55" LG LED Dark streak after moving apartments.

I recently moved into a new community about 3 hours away from my old one and I packed up my TV fairly well (I thought) and when I finally got it set up and plugged in there is a very noticeable dark streak on the screen permanently. I feel as if something must have pressed against the screen but I can't see how it could have happened.

Any help as to what can be done, or a diagnosis would be appreciated. I'm hoping the fix can somehow be done at home as I've read that screen repair is outrageously expensive and most times not worth it.

I have attached a picture of the streak. It's extremely visible on a white screen, as pictured, but not as noticeable on a black or dark screen.

Any help or info would be greatly appreciated. Though I know the outcome is not in my favour.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    69.1 KB · Views: 135

davenn

Hi
welcome to the forums :)

yup the LCD panel does look damaged, and if so there isn't much you could do about it
buying a replacement panel would probably be more expensive than what the TV originally cost

Dave

Sigh, that's what I figured. I guess I can live with it. I'm not very materialistic normally but this TV was the one thing I owned that I really liked. Oh well.

Thanks for the response Davenn.