Maker Pro
Maker Pro

3 prong toggle switch help

Hello. I want to wire up some LEDs in my computer. They are multicolor LEDs. I want to get 3 toggle switches that are illuminated, red, blue, and green. The LEDs have 4 wires. 1 positive and 3 negative for each color. Now, how can I wire the illuminated rocker switch so that it lights up and toggles the negative wire? Can this be done? If not, then I will just get 2 pole switches that don't light up. Thanks in advance.

depends on the switches you want to use, anything is possible

Would you want the switches lit when the LED's are on or off or lit all the time?

What are the current requirements for the LED's different colors?

Also what is the voltage of the LED's?

Lit when LEDs are on.
Lights on when LEDs on.
There are 3 seperate wires for each color, all negative.
12v

Use these in the "A" configuration, connecting one pole from the blue negative and green negative connections (respectively) to ground, and have a 12V supply going through the other pole when connected have it go through the 2 LED's on each switch

NOTE: Dont order from the link I posted directly, order from the manufacturer, using a different configuration than is listed on Mouser

just wire it like this:

Use these in the "A" configuration, connecting one pole from the blue negative and green negative connections (respectively) to ground, and have a 12V supply going through the other pole when connected have it go through the 2 LED's on each switch

NOTE: Dont order from the link I posted directly, order from the manufacturer, using a different configuration than is listed on Mouser

just wire it like this:

Ok. Now, would this regulate the 12v or negative?
Also, are 2 or 3 of the poles able to be turned on at the same time to make different colors on the LEDs?

Ok. Now, would this regulate the 12v or negative?
Also, are 2 or 3 of the poles able to be turned on at the same time to make different colors on the LEDs?

That image is for one color, you take one of the negative legs to the switch, you apply the voltage to the LED's separately, and you are turning on and off the ground (negative)

You would need 3 setups like this, one for each color, those switches are configurable to have almost any color LED, and a whole variety of different designs for the switches